7 December 2011

Model Love: Sasha Pivovarova








































After sorting through my uncontrollable and ever growing collection of fashion magazines, the covers from countless Vogues reminded me that I have not yet shared with you my ultimate model crush, Sasha Pivovarova. With ice blue eyes that stare intensely into the camera, I find Sasha’s unconventional beauty and mysterious aura so enthralling and intriguing she has remained at the top of my favourites list since her debut in 2005.
“In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don‘t vant to be general.” -Sasha Pivovarova

Her illustrious modelling career has resulted in Vogue Paris declaring Sasha as one of the top 30 models of the 2000s and as a favorite of renowned photographer Steven Meisel, she has appeared on the cover of Vogue Italia five times.


Here’s some of my favorite Sasha moments from the past six years…trust me it was hard to narrow down.







Born in Moscow, Russia, Sasha studied Art History at the Russian University for Humanities, but two weeks after her photo was shown to IMG in New York, Sasha opened the fall Prada show in Milan. Shortly after, she the face of Prada, signed an exclusive three year contract with the fashion house and walked in six consecutive runway shows. Sasha lives in her current home and art studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, with her husband, long-time boyfriend and photographer Igor Vishnyakov. As an artist, Sasha’s work has been featured in French Vogue and also exhibited in New York and Paris galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment